In a world where they said it could no longer be done, an insidious Google Bomb went off and attacked innocent sites. Corporations everywhere better watch out, because if an anonymous (of course they need to hide) targets you, your connection to the outside world could be taken down.
Nice time to think about how thorough your backups are.
When this can happen, think of the repurcussions to political sites during campaign time. Obama, Hillary Clinton, racing for the finish line, and full sabatoge from anonymous takes one of them out of the internet running.
I am looking forward to the day they are discovered, and they will be, but in the meantime since I am about finding the silver lining, from an internet marketing perspective – it has shown how amazing you can capture the power of the internet, and create buzz using now confirmed search engine strategies. Any myths have now been debunked.
The campaign was highly targeted and very specific in the planning, execution, strategy, implementation and results.
If you’re looking for a way to capture and conquer a market, here are some things to include as part of your internet marketing strategy:
– Links are important for higher rankings. Get as many as you can, press releases, articles, blog posts and social media are a good start.
– Anchor texts are monitored and valued higher so use them. If you want them in your press release or articles you will need to pay a premium, but it’s worth it. You can already get them in your blog and social media posts, just remember to use them.
– We’ve always known content is king, still is
– Your keyword density, despite rantings for a while there that they weren’t important because of long-tailed strategies, are. You are looking for about 2 – 5%
– The higher the page rank of the site you are on (6,7,8), and if they are an authority site, the higher your status will jump to search engine nirvana
– Be timely with your topic, and jump on trends (kind of what I am doing with this post)
– Use social media to generate word of mouth, viral marketing, buzz
Combine all of these into a market launch or campaign (for the good!), and you will have a fast and carefree catapult to the top of the search engine listings.
Enjoy your day, and do a backup!
Your Quantum Leap Specialist
PS – If you want to be kept up to date with news, views, and internet marketing gold – sign up for my free newsletter at Tracy Repchuk’s Internet Marketing Makeovers